$60 FBA Members | $90 Nonmembers | $40 Government
1.5 hours CLE credit approved
(1) Introduction to the Courthouse CLE
FBA-NOVA is proud to present this annual program designed to acquaint new lawyers with the operation and function of the Court and various federal agencies in both civil and criminal cases. (For an in-depth look at civil practice, register for our companion program, the annual Nuts and Bolts CLE held from 12pm-2pm on the same day.)
This program will include speakers from the bench, bar, the Fourth Circuit Clerk’s Office, the EDVA Clerk’s Office, the United States Attorney’s Office, the Federal Public Defender’s Office, the U.S. Probation Office, and the U.S. Marshals Service.
A cocktail reception hosted by the Federal Bar Association will follow the program.
(2) SPECIAL ADMISSION CEREMONY
The CLE program includes a Special Admission Ceremony for all who wish to be admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. During the ceremony, the president of FBA-NOVA will move for your admission and you will take the Oath of Admission before a panel of EDVA judges.
To take advantage of this ceremony, attorneys must do all of the following:
(1) Register for the CLE above.
(2) Complete the admissions ceremony registration form here.
(3) Mail an application for admission (signed by two members of the Bar of the EDVA) with a check for $181 (payable to "Clerk, U.S. District Court") to the address below, no later than Friday, January 4, 2019 (or drop off the application to the Clerk’s Office in person). The $181 courthouse fee is specifically for the admissions process, and is separate from the FBA fee for the CLE. Questions about the special admissions ceremony may be directed to Richard Banke at 703.299.2179.
RE: FBA Special Admissions Ceremony
401 Courthouse Square
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Note: you may also request a Certificate of Good Standing for $19.00, which will qualify you to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia. Visit the Clerk’s Office after the CLE to receive your Certificate of Admission and Certificate of Good Standing, if one was requested.
Please add each registrant to the cart separately.
Only registered FBA members may take advantage of the member rate. If you are unsure of your membership status, please email our Membership Committee Chair, Bob Vieth, to inquire.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Registration fees are nonrefundable.